Thursday, January 8, 2009

Veggie Soup day & fabulous freezer storage for soup


OK, everyone knows that Richard and I eat a LOT of soup during the fall and winter, so I'm taking my not yet famous "Gina's Vegetable and Turkey Soup" and trying a few new things in it tonight to see if I like it better, like it the same or if I've "messed with perfection" and end up screwing it up. I'll post tonight or tomorrow and let you know how it turns out.


I've also found the PREFECT freezer containers finally. They have a double seal and so far, NO FREEZER BURN on leftovers at all. I think that's another reason I'm so "soup". It's so easy to freeze and have later. They actually have them on sale at Bruno's this week (25% off), so I picked up a few more. They aren't much to look at, but I haven't found anything that was so good about keeping my soup from getting freezer burned.




Anyway, wish me good luck on my veggie soup experiment and I'll post the winning recipe tomorrow (the existing champ or the new challenger). Ha ha!

No comments: