Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cajun Chicken Pasta

OK, so this isn't a "healthy" recipe, sometimes you just can't change it up and leave the flavors intact and this is one of them. I'm going to give you the time-modified, "Gina version" out to the side. It's quite yummy. Just fill up on salad first so you don't blow through like 800 calories before you know it. One day I'm going to try it in the crockpot. You know I try to adapt anything I can...

Cajun Chicken Pasta

  • 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and sliced (or about 2 cups of chicken from a rotisserie chicken)
  • 1 green onion, minced
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped (Instead of the last three ingredients, I just buy the bag of diced peppers and onions from the freezer section, but if I have green onions on hand, I garnish the finished product with a few)
  • 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 cups heavy cream/whipping cream
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1/4 tsp dried basil
  • 1/4 tsp lemon pepper
  • 3 tsp cajun seasoning
  • black pepper to taste
  • 2 tbs parmesan cheese
  • 4 oz pasta (spaghetti, linguine, fettuccine, whatever you prefer - the fett is my fave)
Cook pasta according to directions. Saute vegetables in a little butter or oil, add cream and spices, and cook/simmer over medium heat until sauce has thickened. Usually about the same amount of time until pasta is done, drained and ready to serve). Toss chicken and cream sauce into cooked pasta and serve.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Yum! Anything with heavy cream has got to be good!!! I've got a Crock Pot Jambalaya recipe I'm going to do for Tasty Tuesday that's really yummy!!!