Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Scary Stuff!

So I was in the kitchen this morning talking to a coworker who is pregnant and getting all of the fun scoop, when she breaks out the news that he daughter has strep and SCARLET FEVER! April and I were completely freaked and thought that only happened in Little House on the Prairie days, but apparently not. Her child was diagnosed with strep, but they missed the scarlet fever until she couldn't get rid of her fever, turned red from torso to toes with a smooth red rash that turned to a sandpaper feel by the next day (apparently the tell-tale signs of SF). To make matters worse coworker had to have some special blood tests and stuff done to make sure that baby is OK since pregnant moms do NOT want to come in contact with SF. Hopefully all is going to be fine though! Scary, scary and be aware of the scarlet fever signs! Who knew??

Later,
Gina

P.S. I need to decide what couple of things to cook this weekend. Any requests or ideas? I'm kinda thinking taco meatloaf for one and Caribbean pepperpot soup for the other. ?? That soup may be too much for Richard after doing so well with the Tikka Masala though...

P.P.S. I want a great camera. I know that I only have dogs and cats to photograph but I need to practice anyway...

No comments: