Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Quick and Easy Broccoli Chicken Divan

So we are leaving for a week's vacation and I am trying to use everything fresh in the fridge that I need to cook. I still had a good bit of fresh broccoli from on on the large Costco bags that I buy, and I had some rotisserie chicken strips that needed to be used as well, and I ran across this recipe. Must say that it took me all of about 10 minutes to prepare and we were eating about 20 minutes after that - not too bad! It was really, really good too, so even after we get back this may have to go into rotation. It's a little more rich that I prefer to cook currently, but with reduced fat ingredients, it really isn't so bad! I am giving my slightly tweaked version of the recipe, but the original can be found here. Served it with a salad, of course, and I'm really looking forward to my leftovers.

Quick and Easy Broccoli Chicken Divan

  • 1 pound chopped fresh broccoli (I used a couple of ounces more to finish off what I had)
  • 1 1/2 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup - Campbell's Healthy Request
  • 1/3 cup skim milk
  • 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
  • 3/4 cup 2% shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
  • Garlic powder
  • Fresh ground black pepper
  • Mrs Dash, Original blend
  • 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
  • 3 tablespoons dried seasoned bread crumbs

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
  2. Steam broccoli in microwave (I use chicken broth, but if you use water, I suggest seasoning the water a little), for 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
  3. Place the cooked broccoli in an 8" square casserole dish. Top with the chicken. In a bowl, mix the soup, sour cream and milk, 1/2 of cheese, garlic and pepper and pour over the chicken. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Mix the melted butter with the bread crumbs, and sprinkle over the cheese.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly brown.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Yum! I'm definitely saving this recipe. Clay may even eat this... he loves broccoli!